When I entered and won a spa vacation getaway from the Jane Iredale cosmetics company, I was thrilled. As amazing and fabulous as the trip to the Waldorf Astoria in Naples, Florida was, most of my enthusiasm about winning came from the fact that part of the prize was five hundred dollars worth of Jane Iredale cosmetics!
While I was at the spa, I was given a make up application by their specialist, using all Jane Iredale cosmetics. Not being one to typically wear a lot of make up, I was unsure what colors would look best on me, and the techniques for applying them. So, I was happy to have some guidance in those departments. When I returned home, I had the chance to fulfill a fantasy of every woman….to go on a shopping spree of cosmetics! I was able to shop online at Jane Iredale cosmetics, from the comfort of my couch, though I had the assistance of a Jane Iredale specialist whenever I had a question.
The day the package arrived, I was ecstatic! Their products came so beautifully packaged, I almost felt guilty unwrapping them. But, that day I was like a kid in a candy shop, bursting at the seams to dive into it all. The products that I chose were primarily things like foundations and powders to cover a skin fever that I have, that looks much like a rash. Her products are the only ones on the market that I have found to truly cover it flawlessly, without looking like I have a full face of makeup. I also like that their products are made from natural ingredients that won’t harm my skin. I had some fun picking out things that I wouldn’t normally buy, because I don’t wear them that often, like eye shadows and such. I was also able to get some helpful products for make up removal and lip beautifiers. All of the products that I chose were vegan, because of my lifestyle, and the Jane Iredale website made it super easy to make the right choices, as they have product lists for all of their vegan and gluten free items.
Here is a rundown of some of the things that I received:
- PurePressed® Base Mineral Foundation ~~ I have been using this product for years, and it is my favorite Jane Iredale product. It leaves your skin flawlessly smooth…
- Glow Time™ Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream ~~ this is something i always thought would make my skin look cakey, and when the woman at the spa applied this to me, i almost stopped her. I am glad that I didn’t. this stuff evens out your skin tone without looking at all built up. It dramatically improved the look of my skin.
- PurePressed® eye shadow ~~ still a little afraid of too much color, I went with some neutral browns and lighter shades, like grey. These go on smoothly, hold their color without creasing and help your eyes to look fantastic.
- Eyeliner Pencil Crayon ~~ this is a nifty little pencil that can be used on your lips, eyebrows or anywhere else on the face!
- Sugar&Butter Lip Exfoliator/Plumper ~~ I am in love with this product! one end is a sugary scrubber that exfoliates and the other end is a clear plumper that makes your lips feel fantastic. Did I say already how much I love this product?
- Lip Drink ~~ something that can be used by everyone, this lip conditioner gives lips moisture and seals it in, helping your lips to feel young and fresh.
- magic mitt ~~ I have gotten several of these as gifts for people, so I was excited to finally have my own. It is a soft mitt that uses only warm water to remove your make up….no more of those harsh chemical removers!
Because I consider myself new to cosmetics, I shied away from bolder products, like blushes and more dramatic eye colors. Slowly though, I want to start trying new things and to get them into my repertoire of make up know how. I was able to double and triple some of the items that i use frequently, guaranteeing that my skin will look fabulous for a long time to come.
I am so beyond grateful to Jane Iredale, and her wonderful team. They treated me to so many fabulous things that I will never forget. They made me feel not only like royalty, but the most beautiful one in the whole kingdom! Thanks, so much!
Tags: berkshires, Cosmetics, Jane Iredale, Jane Iredale Cosmetics, Make up, mineral cosmetics, prizes, spa vacations