~ SWEET TREATS
- Berkshire Mountain Bakery ~ 367 Park St., Housatonic 01236 ~( http://berkshiremountainbakery.com/ ) Award winning artisan breads and delectable croissants/pastries…oh, so delicious. Voted one of the top bread bakeries in the country, it has been featured in top magazines. They also sell food now, for lunching on their outside patio, and have amazing pizza crusts available(gluten free, too).
- Chocolate Springs ~ 55 lenox rd., pittsfield, ma 01201 ( http://chocolatesprings.com/ ) chocolatier Joshua Needleman creates gorgeous and amazing tasting chocolates, including my favorite brownie, outside of the ones that come from my kitchen…
- Riverbend Café (formerly Uncommon Grounds) ~ 403 Stockbridge Rd., Great Barrington 01230 ~ (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Riverbend-Cafe/153859864663251 )~ This little café has a nice menu, including breakfasts( with veggie options available) all day … but, I go there for one thing, their ‘little luau’ smoothie … it puts a smile on my face every time.
- Catherine’s Chocolates ~ 260 Stockbridge rd., Great Barrington 01230 (http://catherineschocolates.net/) ~ A great local chocolate shop, perfect for a little afternoon pick me up, or stocking up on holiday gifts. The wonderful smell when you walk through the door, always convinces me to buy more than I was intending when I walked in.
- Ayelada ~ 505 East St., Pittsfield 01201(http://www.ayelada.com/) ~ Hands down, the best frozen yogurt shop in the Berkshires. Made fresh daily with local dairy and local ingredients, they always have amazing flavors and toppings available.
- SoCo Creamery ~ 5 Railroad St., Great Barrington 01230( http://sococreamery.com/ ) ~ This local ice cream business has a brick and mortar(literally) shop, as well as selling it in stores across the county. With inventive flavors for their ice creams and sorbets, they are hugely popular with both locals and tourists.
- Great Barrington Bagel Co. and Deli ~ 777 main st., great barrington, ma 01230 ( http://www.gbbagel.com/#! ) ~ a perfect choice for a quick morning stop…great bagels and fresh made salads…
- Stockbridge Coffee & Tea ( http://www.berkshirerta.com/)~ 6 elm st., stockbridge…..great coffee and they often have pastries from cakewalk bakery in lee…
- Lenox Coffee ~ 52 Main St., Lenox 01240 (http://www.lenoxcoffee.com/ ) ~ The ‘go-to’ coffee spot in downtown Lenox. It has free Wi-Fi, indoor and outdoor seating, nice selection of pastries, and great coffee based drinks.
- Dottie’s Coffee Lounge ~ 444 North St., Pittsfield 01201 ( http://dottiescoffeelounge.com/ ) ~ Great coffee, great food, live music, easy relaxed atmosphere. What more could you ask for? Wildly popular with the locals, this place does ‘coffeehouse’ perfectly.
- The Starving Artist Café and Creperie ~ 40 Main St., Lee 01238 ( http://starvingartistcreperie.com/ ) ~ Great coffee, wonderful food, including many vegan options, and did I say, Crepes? I have never had anything here that was less than fabulous. Sunday musical brunch.
- The Kitchen ~ 55 Pittsfield Lenox Rd./Rt. 7, Lenox 01240 ( http://thekitchenlenox.com/ ) ~ Open for breakfast in lunch, this is the one place to go where you don’t have to wait to get in, but only because they have plenty of seating. Their food is delicious, and many veggie options, including delicious tempeh bacon.
- Great Barrington Bagel Co. ~ 777 main st., great barrington, ma 01230 ( http://www.gbbagel.com/#! ) ~ my absolute favorite place to go for a quick sandwich…the ‘frankie t’ to be exact…yum! extensive sandwich menu and freshly made salads…
- Betty’s Pizza shack(http://www.bettyspizza.com/) ~26 Housatonic st., Lenox (413)637-8171 ~ A fun and very casual pizza place, with good food(I like their salads).
- Baba Louie’s ~ 286 Main St., Great Barrington 01230 ( http://babalouiespizza.com/ ) delicious wood-fired pizzas, tasty sandwiches and vegetarian soups…oh, yeah, and great salads, too…cosy atmosphere and spelt crusts available for those with gluten sensitivities…
- Baja Charlie’s ~ 62A West Center St., Lee 01238( ~ a California/Mexican style restaurant with fresh, homemade food prepared by the chef/owner … the salsa is killer.
- East Side Café ~ East St., Pittsfield 01201 ~ This landmark pizza place is well known for having some of the best pizza in town. They only make it Thursday through Sunday nights, so plan accordingly.
- Chez Nous ~ 150 Main St., Lee 01238 ( http://cheznousbisto.com/ ) If you are looking for an exquisite fine dining experience, this is a nice choice…
- Bombay Bar and Grill ~ 435 Laurel st., Lee 01238 ( http://www.fineindiandining.com/bombaylee.htm ) The restaurant that I frequent more than any other in the county…fantastic Indian food, that is fresh and very vegetarian friendly…and an amazing view if you are dining in….
- Mazzeo’s Ristorante ~ 1015 south st., pittsfield, ma 01201 ( http://www.mazzeosristorante.com/ ) classic italian food, eggplant parmesan is my go to meal.
- Red Lion Inn ~ Main Stockbridge, Ma 01262 ~( http://www.redlioninn.com/ ) ~ Chef Brian Alberg creates works of art with his food, very upscale dining for this historic setting.
- Shiro Hibachi ~ 105 Stockbridge Rd., Great Barrington, 01230/488 North St., Pittsfield 01201 ( http://www.berkshiro.com/ ) Sake, tempura, hibachi(and sushi for those who enjoy it)…need i say more? warm and satisfying…
- Berkshire Organics ~ 813 Dalton Division Rd., Dalton(actually closer to Pittsfield) ~ A fresh market with local produce and products, delivery available….
- Furnace Brook Winery ~ Rt. 295/508 Canaan Rd., Richmond 01254(http://www.furnacebrookwinery.com/ ) ~ Part of Hilltop Orchards, this winery has nice walking trails(snowshoe/cross country ski in winter) and you can visit for wine tastings. I love their wines.
Hilltop Orchards ~ see above address (http://www.hilltoporchards.com/) One of several orchards in the Berkshires.
- Windy Hill Farm ~ 686 Stockbridge Rd.(Rt. 7), Great Barrington 01230( http://www.windyhillfarminc.com/ ) ~ very nice nursery with good tree stock available…pick your own blueberries in the summer and apple picking in the fall…
- Bartlett’s Orchards ~ Swamp Rd., Richmond ~ ( https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bartletts-Orchard/146680312027115) ~ Apple orchard with pick your own apples in Fall, and year round market with cider, apples and awesome cider donut…